Sunday, May 13, 2018

Unbelievable !

Greetings Everyone! 

   I cannot fathom that it has been:
1) nearly 2 months since I last posted and
2)  Eleven years, five months and some odd days since I started blogging about my work!
 3) that this blog has received nearly 250,000 visitors over that time.

This is hard to wrap my mind around! 

The last 6 months, as you know, I've been working very hard on my new website and we are getting close to launching, which is wonderful news because I can't wait to have you see the new site. Upon launching it will have 15 different galleries to look at, just for starters! You'll also find all my books, prints, puzzles, DVD, Calendars and goodness knows what else there, all easy to find and enjoy.

Eventually there will be more information about me, my life as an artist and various tid-bits like Q&A and add-a-testimonial.  One of the things I am most excited about is that there will be an opportunity (at long last) to participate in my "Secret Sale" events. This will be a by-invitation (but VERY easy to sign up for) sale where I will have a limited number of my Faerie houses for sale. These will be available for a limited time and this will be the first time any of these houses will be available for sale.

What I'm also very excited about is that at long last, I will have a new blog which will be a part of my new website. As you know, right now I have two separate places for people to visit who want to find out about my work. It's time for it all to be under one canopy, so to speak and I can't wait to have you come and visit that too.

But don't worry, I will still post the same posts here for awhile after the new site is open (I do know how to copy and paste! :-) 

What I'm also excited about is that the new blog will be a chance for me to speak more about how I see world events, my spiritual beliefs, making and sharing connections that you might find interesting and all that sort of thing. I'm not a big user of social media, unfortunately  (or some might say I'm smart to stay away from the lure of the small screens) but I do feel loyal to my readers and viewers and I know that many of us are feeling a variety of difficult emotions in these challenging times. I want to speak to that condition more directly and (hopefully) strengthen the connection with and to fellow sensitive types who may feel challenged in the current state of the world.

I believe strongly that we are all here to make this world a better place. I believe strongly that we must find a way to make smarter choices about how we live and what motivates us to remain a positive being who understands that we are all connected and there is only one Earth and we must do a better job of caring for it, each other and the future generations to come. Some may be surprised to hear me speak this way, after all, don't I just make cute little faerie houses? Well, yes, I do but that is not all of who I am.

It is time now that we all start becoming our authentic selves and silly as it may sound, this new website that I've been pouring my heart and soul into for the past long stretch will be my way of celebrating this joyous, glorious experience we can all have, here on this beautiful earth. This will be my small contribution and I can't wait to share it all with you....stay tuned!

Meanwhile, the Amber Lotus calendars are being shipped to the warehouse as I write and will be available soon. Here are the covers and a link to the Amber Lotus feature page if you'd like to see more next years images!
 
 



 Also, if anyone collects these calendars and is missing a year from their collection DO contact me as I may be able to help you....I have some stock from previous years and I have made some customers very happy by helping them fill in their collections. Just drop me an email and I'll see if I can help.

And this final note.... I was recently told by my publisher that my Fairy House building book was co-published in France...I'm still trying to track that down to see if it is true and if it is, was it translated and can my French readers get a copy... I'll keep you posted!  

Cheers!!!
 

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.